Promotion Video

Promotion Video For An Artist


Brief -

Create a promotional video for an artist.  This includes one promotion video by the artist, one Album cover / Album Poster, one cover of a magazine involved with the artist.


Planning - 

I've made the decision to scout out place that are not very populated at times, Therefore I will make my content with-out needing to compromise ideas. Equipment used to record will be DSLR Cannon 1600D, with a gamble to stabilize the footage. Some Mini lights to create key lighting. Targeted audience will be mainly Hip-hop genre folks, Because the video will be produces same way as any other artist in the genre. A Major ethos of this artist, he has a big following via social media. Because of that reason he will benefit any company that is willing to work with him.



Video -

Main ideas

(Close up shoots of the artist
Special effects, such as VHS/Colour Selection
Audio Effects
Masked Cuts
Over layers)

My main shots will be close-ups to the college because I would want to create a masked transition.
Therefore It will make the viewer connect more as it will be quick, snappy but mainly short.
This technic will be used throw-out the full video clip.
I'm going to accomplish my shots all with one lens (17mm-85mm),  Its a very good lens because it has so much capability to create any shots you wish to. Main shoots of the video clip will be close up, Either including the artist or an another object.
The music in the video clip will be produced by XEM Crew, that's the artist team that makes sure everything is mixed and mastered correctly to make the video more enjoyable.
VFX, will create a second setting in the video clip to make it look more "cool" but related to the lyrics as well. I will create effects that are simple but when executed correctly look amazing.


Resourcing -


SHOOTS / LOCATION


This is the main shoot used for my project

I've chosen this shot because its a wide angle, so it captures
everything happening, therefore i wont need to pay attention
to close up effects as the details will not be shown as much.

This is the second shoot used for my project

I've chosen this shot because its a close up with a wide angle
lens. Therefore details will be shown but not too much. So it
wont be difficult to present edits onto the footage.




This is the third shoot used for my project

I've chosen this shot because its a close to the subject, therefore
It will present enough details for me to work with but also
the light at the specific location was very well lit up,
That's why I wanted to move my location once more
around that area to see if similar results would show.




This is the third shoot used for my project

I've chosen this shot because it is mid way to my subject,
therefore it will mix very well because of my previous shots.
the light at this location was similar to the previous one but
it this location there was similar lit up but half of my subject
was darker then the other side, because of that I decided to
call it a day and record on the same location other day.



Music/Sound Effects


Because its going to be a music video, the music will be by the artist him self,
there will be sound effects included in the video clip to sell that feeling
of panning/whipping a transition but the sound effects wont be over used.

ALL OF THE SOUNDS USED ARE FREE

Song used for the video clip










Evaluation -

This project went well because I was able to communicate well with the artist and made his wishes come to live, such as effects involved with the video. He didn't say anything because everything was made by me and edited by me. He had some suggestions in the recording process and if they were good ideas they would of been used in the production of the video clip. 

The artist knows my style of work and flow, therefore he trusted me with everything being correctly edited and processed. This was worth to mention because most companies/artist's  wont let you take full control over their work because they don't know how you work or you haven't impressed them yea.

About the improvement of my production upon this product, the only thing I will truly improve will be time management and area scouting. I'm a fast pace type person i want to finish my work on time or before the dead line but this time i had to take more time to find the correct setting for the video to come to life and truly compose with the music relisted by the artist.



Comments

Popular Posts