Research Into Topic

Research towards Smiling




Smiling impacts your mood and other pupils’ moods too

Your facial expressions play a big part in everyday life, with the wrong expression of someone can be affected in a major way. Also using your phone and being on electronic devices constantly without a brake improve your stress, therefore most working environments have a crisis on workers being negative effects with mental health. However, some places allow having small brakes "go outside the building, catch a fresh air". Having a mini-break allows a fresh start on ideas, working motive, and efficiency which every working place would want.


Smiling helps reducing stress levels

Smiling is often vital in everyday life; Smiling sends specific chemicals and gives signs of motivation towards other people to continue their everyday life with a smile on. We can fig further than mood-boosting, the major impact that smiling gives off is reducing stress levels which are well needed in a working environment such as offices. The chemical released is called euphoria.

source: www.psychreg.org


  1.  more than half of adults (60%) and over two-thirds of young people (68%) have said their mental health got worse during the lockdown.
  2.  young people are more likely to have experienced poor mental health during lockdown than adults.
  3.  people with experience of mental health problems are more likely to see their mental health worsens as a result of coronavirus restrictions.
  4.  many without previous experience of mental health problems have experienced poor mental health during the lockdown and have seen their mental health and wellbeing decline.
  5.  not being able to see people (79%), not being able to go outside (74%) and anxiety about family and friends getting coronavirus (74%) were the main drivers of poorer mental health during the lockdown.
  6.  boredom was a major problem for young people; 83% said it had made their mental health worse.
  7.  loneliness has also been a key contributor to poor mental health – particularly for young people. 
  8.  just under three-quarters of young people (72%) said loneliness had made their mental health – particularly for young people. Just under three-quarters of young people (72%) said loneliness had made their mental health worse.
  9.  speaking to family and friends online was the most common coping strategy. 
  10.  over half of young people and adults have been over or under-eating to cope, while nearly a third turned to alcohol or illegal drugs.
  11.  more than 1 in 4 young people were self-harming, which made them twice as likely as adults to cope in this way. 
  12.  those who sought advice and support for their mental health used significantly more positive coping strategies than those who did not.

source: mind.org.uk

I've asked some people I know how they feel towards mental heath and what can help to improve you're current situation.

"For me what works best is entertainment, i feel like its something everyone uses no matter if its for music or movies. Just overall entertainment is able to make you feel a little bit better and can get your mind off the main problem for the moment so later on you can try to fix it"

"I listen to music and later trough the day read or workout 'cause i heard it helps with stuff like that but also I'm trying to get out the house too because i feel like thats where it started from, like from Covid-19 quarantine constantly staying in was no my cup of tea"

"I'm not quite happy with how things have turned out because before lockdown I was going around with mates doing stuff . I was capable to keep in shape and was enjoying my time. now I'm sitting at home doing nothing and gaining weight because everything is closed and having minimalistic fun."

Overall Effect of my research:

This research has helped me with creating ideas and where to push towards my project; which audience will be affected from my project, which audience can have negative overlook and mainly which age group/pupils are going to receive this project. My selected audience has been overall influenced by how the research affected specific age groups towards mental illness. Therefore I selected this age group (16-24) thinking it's an important approach towards my production for this product. Productive wise it's a guide of me putting ideas together that work correctly, I know they will be able to work as I'm part of the including age group this can suggest that there wouldn't need to be feedback protocol because of my personal preference but even then I wanted to ask peers of mine towards how certain parts within my project should improve.

Comments

Popular Posts